Within the framework of the request for planning permission by Brussels Mobility for the development project of the Avenue des Croix de Feu, called Parkway 21, the CPB has lodged a protest.
Indeed, the impact of a reduction on the accessibility of the economic activity pole of the canal has not been sufficiently studied by the impact report.
A consultation committee was organized and a favorable opinion was issued with conditions.
Brussels Mobility has therefore prepared new plans which, in view of the substantial modifications, will require a new public inquiry.
The latter will start on April 7, 2023 and will end on May 6.
As a reminder, this request for planning permission aims to :
- Restructuring the R21 road axis in Laeken / Neder-Over-Heembeek;
- Requalify the A12 freeway into an urban boulevard;
- Make the Van Praet Avenue a two-way street with one lane to enter the city and two lanes to exit;
- Eliminate through lanes on Avenue des Croix du Feu;
- Strengthen the RER bike infrastructure and create a pedestrian-cyclist walkway.
We will be sure to keep interested parties informed as the project progresses.
More information :https://mobilite-mobiliteit.brussels/en/projets/parkway21: PARKWAY 21 – New public inquiry to begin April 7